El Paso County SLFRF Eligibility and Requirements for 501(c)6/4 Organization Funding
The Department of Treasury wants to invest in a broad range of projects that respond to the public health emergency with respect to COVID-19 and its negative economic impacts to local businesses and business industries. Funds may be used by chambers and business league organizations that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Chambers of Commerce (501(c)(6))
- Business League Organizations (501(c)(6)) focused on regional tourism efforts
- Non-lobbying 501(c)(4) with an economic development driven mission
Eligible Uses of Funding:
- Funds may be used to implement COVID-19 mitigation and infection prevention measures to enable safe resumption of chamber or busines league activities, for example, improvements to ventilation, physical barriers or partitions, signage to facilitate social distancing, provision of masks or personal protective equipment, or consultation with infection prevention professionals to develop safe reopening plans.
- Funds may be used to assist with business operations expenses to include fixed business operating expense (i.e. rent/utilities) and employee payroll to the extent of lost revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Funds may be used for increased marketing costs related to economic recovery for the region’s business support services or tourism industries.
Timeline for Program Administration:
- September 27, 2021 – Grant Application Opens/ News Release
- October 15, 2021 (5 PM) – Grant Application Closes
- Early November 2021– Grant Awards Announced
- Funding Must be Expended by November 30, 2022
- Final Economic Impact Report Must be Submitted by December 31, 2022