COVID-19 Economic Recovery Efforts and Resources
Now CLOSED: El Paso County Regional Business Relief Fund
**Grant awards will be announced in early October!
In response to the devastating effects COVID-19 has had on our community’s small businesses and nonprofit organizations, El Paso County has created the El Paso County Regional Business Relief Fund. El Paso County has chosen to open a competitive grant application process for small businesses and nonprofit organizations, providing up to $20,000 of grant assistance to assist them with their business-related costs incurred due to the COVID-19 economic disruption such as:
- Rent/Mortgage/Utility Payments
- Employee Payroll
- Accounts Payable
- Other Fixed Debt Costs
- Personal Protection Equipment.
- NONPROFITS: If awarded grant assistance through the El Paso County Regional Business Relief Fund, grant funds may only be used for business operations and not direct client services.
- Under the CARES Act, the federal funds may only be used to cover costs that are necessary economic recovery expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19); and were incurred no earlier than March 1, 2020.
- Please Note: El Paso County Regional Business Relief Fund grant funds are not to be used for any payment of taxes.
Applications for this Regional Business Relief Fund will be collected, analyzed, and scored by Colorado Enterprise Fund, an organization with over 40 years of experience in funding and supporting small businesses in Colorado, with final evaluation and grant award decisions made by El Paso County’s Economic Development Oversight Committee.
The El Paso County Regional Business Relief Fund is no longer accepting applications. The application process was only open between August 12, 2020 at 8:00 AM and September 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM.