The Office of the Clerk and Recorder is hiring Temporary Election Judges for the 2018 General Election. Positions provide short-term support during the elections process – dates, locations, and hours vary. The hourly wages for these positions is $10.50 per hour and have various assignment lengths from three days up to five weeks. Dates range from late September through Election Day, November 6, 2018. Join our elections team and provide a key civic service while making a difference in our community!
Available Job Openings
Call Center Representative
- Provides excellent customer service and information to voters by responding to routine inbound phone inquiries. Must be able to take detailed messages, perform basic data entry and possess excellent customer service skills.
Data Entry Clerk
- Provides administrative data entry support to the Elections Department through the statewide database, ensuring accuracy and adhering to department rules and regulations.
Ballot Processing Judge Positions
- Ballot sorting
- Scanning undelivered ballots
- Identifying signature discrepancies
- Removal of ballots from envelope and secrecy sleeve
- Ensuring there are no major tears and/or blemishes on ballot that would hinder the counting process
Voter Service and Polling Center Judge
- Assist in daily operations of Voter Service and Polling Center(s), including registering voters, voter address changes, issuing ballots, instructing voters to complete and sign applicable forms and comply with election laws and rules.
- Collects ballots from secure 24/7 drop off locations and Voter Service and Polling Centers.
- S. citizen
- Registered to vote in Colorado
- Depending on the position, must be registered with a major political party
- Typing speed of 30 WPM
- Ability to follow rules and regulations as outlined in procedure manuals
- Ability to adhere to ethical standards of conduct
- Must be punctual, detail-oriented, organized, cooperative, flexible, and able to follow instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with County staff and public in person and/or by phone
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must possess attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to a computer, 10-key calculator, telephone, copy machine, scanner, and printer for particular job assignments
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities and schedule as needed would be ideal
- Must pass conditional post-offer background investigation
Duties are performed primarily in an office environment. Requires ability to work various shifts and times; overtime and weekend hours may be required.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
Full Job description is listed under Temporary Election Judge. For inquiries please call (719) 520-7401.