In March of 2021, Congress passed a $1.9 trillion economic stimulus bill, which was then signed by President Joe Biden on March 11, 2021. On May 10, the U.S. Department of the Treasury launched the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program authorized pursuant to the American Rescue Plan Act (“ARPA”).
ARPA is bringing one time funding to our State and County that will assist in the recovery of our region. The State of Colorado will receive $3.8 billion, and El Paso County will receive $139,929,837 based on our population. This funding can be used for a variety of programs and expenditures, including:
- Testing, vaccination and contact tracing
- Purchasing of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Eligible capital investments
- Loans or grants to eligible organizations and businesses to respond to the negative economic impacts of COVID-19
- Making necessary investments in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure
To find out more about ARPA on a national level, please visit the U.S. Department of Treasury website. For more information on how ARPA funds are being used in El Paso County, please take a look at the resources below: