Application Closed for ARPA Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Grant:
The applications for the El Paso County American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Grant funding opportunity is closed. The county has allocated $20 million in ARPA funding for necessary investments in water / wastewater infrastructure. These funds may be used for projects that improve drinking water infrastructure, upgrade facilities, manage sewage, and/or sustainability efforts or improve distribution and storage facilities. Funding may also be used to replace aging infrastructure. Funding may not be used to purchase water rights.
All applications will be reviewed for eligibility and feasibility based on the information submitted. Please note that the entire allocation for this program is $20 million and we expect to fund several projects. A portion of the grant funding will be reserved to fund smaller communities and projects. Large-scale projects can be dissected, and funding requested for a portion of the project.
- All projects must meet federal eligibility requirements, which include 17 project categories under guidelines published through the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Clean Water State Revolving Fund and the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- Projects must be located in El Paso County
Timeline for Program Administration:
- March 28, 2022 – Grant Application Opens
- April 4, 2022 (11:30am)- Pre Application Webinar
- April 22, 2022 (5 pm) – Grant Application Closes
- July 29, 2022– Anticipated Grant Awards Announcement
- Funding Must be Expended by June 30, 2026
Questions or Accommodation Requests: