November 9, 2020 – El Paso County administrative and elected administrative offices and affiliated agencies will be closed on Wednesday, November 11, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
The closure includes the following:
- El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office (all locations)
- El Paso County Combined Courts
- Offices of the 4th Judicial District Attorney
- El Paso County Public Trustee
- Pikes Peak Workforce Center
- CSU Extension
- Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
El Paso County Public Health offices will be closed Wednesday, November 11. As the lead agency for COVID-19 response, Public Health’s response efforts will continue through the holiday. The following community-based testing sites will be open:
- Citadel Mall Testing Site, 750 Citadel Mall, in the parking lot just south of JCPenney
Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fountain Testing Site, 6436 US Highway 85-87
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Falcon/Peyton Testing Site, Rock Island Trailhead, 7281 McLaughlin Road
Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Monument Testing Site, 25 Jefferson Street
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The El Paso County Department of Human Services will be closed Wednesday, November 11. Citizens can apply for Food Assistance, manage case information or get more information on additional programs, by visiting Colorado.gov/PEAK.
The 11th day of the 11th month of the year was initially designated as Armistice Day in 1919 to commemorate the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Nov. 11 was designated as Veterans Day in 1954 to remember those who served our country in uniform. More than 100,000 veterans call the Pikes Peak region home and all residents of El Paso County are urged to join in offering their thanks and appreciation for their service.
Offices will return to their normal business hours on Thursday, November 12.