September 23, 2022 – Today, Elbert Road officially opened between Latigo Boulevard and Murphy Road as the County completed maintenance on Elbert Road Bridge.
Work on this project included
- demolition of the existing bridge deck
- construction of a new, reinforced concrete bridge deck
- bridge roadway approach improvements
- bridge painting
- installation of a new guard rail
- repaving on the bridge and approach roadway
The project began on May 31, 2022, and was substantially completed on September 21, 2022, a week ahead of its scheduled September 30 completion date.
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers for their patience and cooperation during the road closure.
For more information and questions: