El Paso County Fair & Event Center staff are celebrating. The Fair received seven awards at the 2019 International Association of Fair & Expositions Conference this month. Each year, the IAFE honors outstanding members with various industry awards.
- Hall of Honor Communications Awards: Fair Website (new site in 2019)
- Agricultural Awards-Agricultural exhibitor events, awards, participation incentives or retention programs: Celebrity Round Robin
- Non-Fair Facility Usage: Calhan Country Christmas
- Competitive Exhibits Awards-Participatory Contest: Dill Pickle Eating
- Agricultural Awards-New or Unique Animal Competition (Class or Division): Celebrity Round Robin
- Hall of Honor Communications Awards-Promotional Event: Car Show
- Agricultural Awards-Agriculture programs video: Llama Limbo
“These awards are the result of some amazing partnerships. While we submitted the entries, it is the culmination of many long hours of hard work by many contributors that brought the Fair these amazing awards,” said Stacy Starr, Fair & Event Center Program Coordinator. “We appreciate all of our wonderful Fair supporters for their innovative ideas, financial support and most certainly, the time and effort that went into all of these activities.”
IAFE is a voluntary, not-for-profit corporation, serving state, provincial, regional, and county agricultural fairs, shows, exhibitions, and expositions. Its associate members include state and provincial associations of fairs, non-agricultural expositions and festivals, associations, corporations, and individuals engaged in providing products and services to its members, all of whom are interested in the improvement of fairs and allied fields.
Stacy Starr, Fair & Event Center Program Coordinator, and Cassie Roberts Dispenza, Senior Partnership & Marketing Director for Saffire (website company the Fair uses)