Commercial Aeronautical Zone (CAZ)
El Paso County, the City of Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) and the State of Colorado is dedicated to attracting local businesses and helping them thrive at the Colorado Springs Airport. Through the Commercial Aeronautical Zone (CAZ), Aviation Development Zone (ADZ), Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) and the Enterprise Zone (EZ), businesses can benefit from numerous tax savings.
By resolution adopted by the Board of County Commissioners, the sales tax from El Paso County is rebated for businesses specifically engaged in a variety of aeronautical activities.
Annually, El Paso County will provide a credit back to eligible businesses within the Airport CAZ for the county’s 1% general sales tax collected on the items below. For businesses in the CAZ but not on the Airport, the credit will be for one-half of that amount.
Activities eligible for sales tax rebate:
- The sale, purchase, lease, rental, use, storage, distribution or consumption of any aircraft, aircraft parts or supplies, equipment, tooling, solvents and/or paints used or consumed in the manufacture, maintenance, repair or overhaul of aircraft within the Commercial Aeronautical Zone.
- Purchase of lease equipment directly and exclusively used or consumed in the manufacture, maintenance, repair or overhaul of aircraft within the Commercial Aeronautical Zone.
- Construction materials
How to apply for CAZ status:
- Contact Katie Plutz, Business Incentives Analyst at EPCCAZ@elpasoco.com
- Complete the El Paso County Business Enhancement Program Agreement (BEPA)
- Maintain copies of receipts and submit annually, per BEPA
More information on the Commercial Aeronautical Zone (CAZ) and other incentives to business: FlyCOS.com